Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Organization and Cookies



Hallelujah! Our garage is organized!  The feeling of relief and satisfaction is enough to last me a while!

Thank you so much Mom and Dad for taking the angelbabies for the entire day Saturday- it literally took us the entire day to do the job- but it is done- and we can actually fit 2 cars inside on snowy nights!- plus- clearly- a whole lot of other stuff! (I can't believe how much
c-r-a-p we have- but we got rid of a lot too!

Living up to the saying "one mans trash is another mans treasure"...in our town- you can put anything out on your curbside and within 48 hours, its gone.
Anything in this case being- a broken kids table, 3 broken chairs, a crib missing pieces, a couch, and a highchair missing a tray- and it was all gone within 2 days.
We've gotten many a thing off the street as well since living in this fine little town- 2 dining tables, 4 dining chairs, excersaucer, highchair (the one that we just got rid of)- the list goes on:)
We took a trip to the local hardware store beforehand and bought a punch of shelves- D installed them as I sorted through everything and reorganized the cleaned up space- I felt like I was on on an episode of Clean Sweep!  The best part is that my art therapy supplies are not on two designated shelves (rather than in the bed of the little red truck)- so I can just grab and go!


For Thanksgiving we go to D's family.  It's a super fun- filled day with tons of delicious food, lots of children running every which way, and football.  I will be baking my bottom off tonight and tomorrow morning preparing a few variety of cookies to contribute to the feast!

Here's one of my favorite recipes for vegan cookies that me and the babes made last night. 
This recipe is great because it makes only 12 cookies (so you don't totally over-do-it) and it's quick, and they are delicious and healthier than regular cookies:)

I found the recipe/video online here


In one bowl combine:

1 cup unbleached flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup pure maple syrup
1/4 tsp. molasses (I used brown sugar rather than white because I didn't have any molasses)
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup canola oil
1/3 cup chocolate chips



Then you spoon then onto the cookie sheet- and shape into a round and flat circle.  Then bake for 11 min at 375 degrees.

 


A little Ring-Around-the-Rosie while waiting!

 



Eat em' while they're hot, and enjoy!








No comments:

Post a Comment