Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Cleaning lady

Yes...that's me!

I spoke with a mom friend at a recent Mom's night out- and she commented on my blog- saying I was like super-mom- I immediately felt like I was being very inaccurate in my posting.  I am SOOO far from super-mom it's not even funny!  I realized that my posts are not depicting the most accurate picture of my life as a mom.  

Today, for example, I stooped to an all time low on the mom-o-meter.  My house was dirty- and by that I mean sticky floors, dust bunnies strolling around the hardwoods, and small piles of crumbs in places where crumbs should never be.  So- I took action, and my angelbabies became veggiebabies for a little while....


This is not something I do very often- actually, never have I done this for the purpose of cleaning the house.  but- I will tell you, during that time I was able to vacuum the entire house. Good, yes, but I could not help but notice my veggiebabies- they ate all of the breakfast (plus some), in a slightly disturbing, zombie-like trance. 
My mind starts racing as a I clean...

....."this explains the obesity epidemic in our country- thousands of Americans sitting in front of their televisions for meals, piling food into their mouths- unconscious to the fact that they are eating twice as much as they need to." 

Then- I started feeling guilty for even letting my children get to that point- and selfish for doing that for the purpose of housecleaning. Anyhow- everything in moderation as my Dad says- and really, one morning of eating in front of the TV will hopefully not harm their precious little brains:)

Later in the day I decided to tackle the dreaded playroom.  Don't get me wrong- I am grateful to have one- but it is by far the most neglected room in the house.
The dress-up clothes situation is out of control down here- a while back I had the bright idea of hot gluing clothespins to the bookshelf's in the playroom, as a way of organizing the dress-up clothes.


Well- that idea lasted a couple weeks...maybe.  Then my little-big-boy pulled all but two of them off of the wall.  So- this morning we went to the local CVS and bought some Command hooks.  ZZ helped me hang them, and while I was vacuuming the playroom- she was organizing the clothes (one of her favorite activities).  I am hoping that by her organizing and taking part in the process, she will be motivated to keep them that way in the future????

\
The true test of this project will be decided once Mosie-man wakes up from his nap...stay tuned!

October is proving to be a busy month for our household- a baby shower in the city next weekend, a wedding in VT the following weekend, and Halloween.  These are all busy events for me personally because, I have committed myself to hand making things for all of these events- something that I love to do- but it is something that consumes a lot of time.  As the events pass I will share the results with you!

  A Halloween hint- after much deliberation- Z has decided she wants to be a mermaid, of some sort:)

No comments:

Post a Comment