Thursday, September 30, 2010

Little Mosie-Man-Man

I was blinded by love when I married Donell- and did not consider that in the future I might want a partner who could cook and bake;)

So....it is one of my motherly missions to raise children that appreciate cooking, baking, and good food- and enjoy spending time creating in the kitchen.  Start em' young is what I say!
So this morning, I thought I'd take advantage of some one-on-one time with the little guy (Z was at school for the first time while I'm home!) and we made muffins!  Z and I have been baking together for years- if Mosie is awake he's usually wandering or on my back- but today he got to stand on the chair at the counter- and he did a great job!  He mastered the functioning of the Kitchenaid mixer in no-time.




He was more than happy to do the dishes- another great life-skill!


Here he is patiently (temporarily) waiting for the muffins to be done baking.


Cruel , I know- but funny at the same time:)  I took this after I checked the muffins to see if they were done- needless to say- they were not:( 


Here they are- the finished product.  This recipe is actually my moms banana bread recipe altered- great versatile muffins! (you can add nuts, blueberries, chocolate chips, etc.)

Coco Banana Muffins

3 mashed bananas
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup canola oil
1/4 cup yogurt or sour cream
1 tsp. vanilla
1 egg
2ish cups flour (I do 1 cup white, 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry, 1/2 cup wheat bran)
1/2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 cup coco powder
Oh- and I sometimes add a little cinnamon! (chocolate + cinnamon is divine)

I combine the bananas and sugar, then the rest of the wet ingredients, then add all of the dry ingredients and combine.  Then I scoop the batter into a greased muffin tin (12 regular muffins) and bake at 375 degrees for 17 min.

Enjoy!
Oh- and here is my little guys latest trick.....



Yes- he's good in the kitchen and he's athletic!

No comments:

Post a Comment