Wednesday, June 23, 2010

What's for lunch?

The most delicious lentil soup ever....

(pictured with Annie's white cheddar bunnies as a garnish:)

It was also for dinner last night- along with a delicious farm-fresh salad, and toasted garlic naanSoooo tasty.  The soup recipe came from my friend Kim.   I had it at her house a few weeks back, she served it as an appetizer on our playgroup "snack plate", with toasted whole wheat naan slices- what a treat!  I have been thinking about it ever since.

Recipe:

chop and saute-
1-2 medium onions
3 stalks celery
2 medium carrots
3 cloves garlic
S&P
cumin (to your liking)
in 2 tbls. olive oil
add in lentils (I used the ones pictured below, if you use dry lentils use 1.25 cups)


(from Trader Joe's- one of my shopping staples, great for throwing into salads, soups, etc.- and they are already cooked- so simple)

1 small can tomatoes (any kind is fine- I only had a can of organic tomato puree, which worked well- crushed, diced, or fresh would be good too)
4 cups vegetable broth
bring to a boil, then simmer on low for at least 30 minutes. 
Tasty Tasty Tasty!!!...

For dessert- Creamy Lemon Crumb Squares  this fabulously easy recipe that came to me from one of my favorite bloggers Darby- and came to her from the Pioneer Woman blog.  A great recipe that you can whip up in no time at all. Check it out-



I'll be back soon with a more substantial art related post!

No comments:

Post a Comment