Here's what I started with:
It was a $30 antique store steal that my mom and I found while on our beach vacation (read more about it the initial process here)
I started with a coat of spray primer
Then 2 coats of peacock blue spray paintinsanely amazing fabric , Oceania in Aqua, Lewis and Sheron Textiles
So- after the initial spraying, the project sat in the garage for MONTHS.
Then, last week, after paper writing, and working all weekend- I felt a need for creative expression. I had D cut a piece of plywood we had in the basement while I was at work.
Then I rummaged around and recycled some carpet foam and a piece of a mattress pad I had left over from another project- and went to town!
The electric knife I borrowed from my parents was a dream at the cutting foam- highly recommended!!
Then I folded the fabric over the foams, pulled taught, and stapled all the way around.
The corners we a little tricky. I trimmed them...
Then folded them over and stapled into place
I had a little helper boy!
and here's the finished piece in front of the Christmas tree:)