Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Old Dog Learned a New Trick, and A Current Project

First off, I came home from work the other day, to this:
yes folks- that's dinner- better yet dinner made by my husband:)
(it's a tortellini salad with carrots, tomatoes, peas, broccoli, veggie pepperoni and parm- and it was yummy!)

Oh - and then he went out and bought sheets for the babes bed (they have been co-sleeping lately- quite successfully I might add on the bottom bunk- it's a double bed, which means no more sleeping with us- it's been LOVELY)
I'm not sure if it's the fact that he bought them, or the polka dots, but whenever I see them- I smile.

As for the new project.  I am working on this cool room for a 13 year old boy right now.  It's been a lot of fun so far.  He's away at camp- and I'm hoping that the whole thing will be done when he gets back- so it'll be a big reveal!
The past 2 days I've been working on painting the room- and creating a snowboarder-themed mural that is on the wall in back of his bed.

Here's a few shots of the in -progress mural:

                             
This is my preliminary sketch, based off of a photograph of a snowboarder, and here's the shot from midday today-


Here's a little in-progress series of a cloud:

It's coming along...I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment