Thursday, November 3, 2011

All I Want For Christmas is a West Elm Shopping Spree

You see- my parents get a whole lotta catalogs at their house- especially this time of year.  By a whole lot I mean at least 5 a day. It's slightly absurd, but at the same time, a good way to pass the time.

The winter West Elm came yesterday- and I went through and chose my favorite pieces- all in a variety of prices. Great gift ideas (for me;) and most likely someone on your list! Take a look see-

First on my list- the Bliss collection. It's really lovely. My qualifier for a good sofa is one that is deep enough that I can easily sit with my legs crossed...and this bad boy is DEEP!- like, take a nap on it deep- right up my alley!
The chaise is quite nice too.  I love the classic lines of this collection- but they are still very modern and clean.  I also love the gray slub upholstery- very versatile.


This dhurrie wrapped ottoman is great! Very functional and durable (especially in a house with kiddos!) It adds a nice texture and ethnic vibe to a space.  It's also something that could be fairly easily replicated. Buying a flat weave rug/carpe remnant and reupholstering something like a square ottoman is totally doable- especially if you have a heavy duty staple gun.


Love this modern and clean rocker.  It would be a great piece in a nursery, or a cozy corner of your living room!  It's a warmer spin on the Eames rocker- but in wood and upholstery (rather than metal/molded plastic).

The mirrored trend is fabulous in my opinion.  It adds a little glam and  interest to a space- without adding color or too much glitz.  This piece would be divine in our dining room to replace the white cabinet monstrosity.  I can see it with long white shelves floating above it holding plates, and glassware.

This little metal wrapped side table has the same effect- smaller scale.  It's such an interesting little piece- so much better than a plain wood side table, don't you think?

OOOHH and this dresser totally caught my eye! SO lovely. I love the texture of the stacked wood pieces in the drawer fronts- and I also think this is something that could somehow be DIY'd...maybe with rectangular tiles or something? Very cool!

They also have a bunch of fun decor that is holiday-esque, without being over the top.  It's more winter themed I'd say. Wreathes are something that I like on our front door during the holidays- and this feather one is so pretty and wintry- also- a total possibility for DIY. How awesome would a HUGE one of these look above a mantel?

and this one made from felted wool balls- LOVE- also totally doable (although more time consuming than hot gluing feathers would be!)

Here's a great new light fixture that I'm seriously digging for our dining room- or possibly for a future dream kitchen? I love how simple and modern it is- but it has an industrial flair to it.  I think it would look really clean and crisp in our dining room- and it's under $250- which is a great price for a chandelier!

These trays are simple, fun and super useful to hold accessories- or possibly glasses on a bar/buffet in a dining room.

and I love these owl plates. They are fun and neutral- they would totally work as a little accent plate with our everyday dishes!

I've posted about these hanging planters before- so pretty in front of a window- and a great way to bring a little nature inside the house!

I LOVE these mantle clocks (white would be my pick- FYI)
all images from West Elm

 Happy shopping!












No comments:

Post a Comment