Friday, March 30, 2012

New Love (it's a chair;), Spiced Up Mirror

So I went thrifting with my sister today.

I was in desperate need of some serious R&R after 14 days ....not straight... but within the month of March with Daddy on the road for work- and Mommy (me) juggling my already crazy schedule + 2 littles solo.

There are few things more healing than retail therapy (in my pathetically- consumerist-American brain) . Although one thing I can quickly identify is retail therapy where you spend hardly any $. That happened today!

I found this fabulous, dreamy chair at our 3rd stop. (Savers on the Berlin turnpike). It was love at first sight- then I looked at the price tag and I nearly fell over, or passed out, or had a heart attack....whatever fatal thing might happen when you are in LOVE.
It is clean, streamlined, with a low angled seat- perfect for sitting with my legs all folded up, great 1950's construction, upholstery I can live with until I can reupholster, the list goes on...
It is SO dapper- in a Don Draper sort of way;)
Sure, it needs to be reupholstered eventually. But right now- it's this lovely nubby army green that I am digging for sure.
And here's the kicker-it was $10!!!
INSANITY

I literally took it out of the car and sat my a** in it for 2 hours in the backyard today in the sunshine!
(I had a little snuggler keeping me company as you can see...and NO, he is not nursing, altough, I'm sure he wishes he was;)
If you know me- you know that I am not one for "relaxing". Maybe this chair is the answer to my inner needs?

Onto the mirror project.
When we bought our house there were a few items that were left here (mainly a dresser and 2 mirrors.)
The one below has been hanging in the downstairs powder room for the past several years. It needed to be kicked up a notch or two...

The dark green is not really in my color palette- so I taped off the mirror with scrap papers and blue painters tape...

and took it out to the garage for a quick spray with glossy white spray paint (2 coats)....
 and voila!

such an improvement! It will be displayed on the new shelves that B recently installed in the dining room last weekend...I'll post pics once I'm done "styling" them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment