Sunday, July 18, 2010

A simple science experiment

The other day, while driving home from work I noticed the streets lined with Queen Anne's lace- and thought about how much fun it would be to "dye" it with Zella- as I had done as a little girl....

This was a very messy process- despite the fact that Z was the only one squirting the dye- we all had it all over us.
 Not recommended for the mess-resistant folks out there:)

We made one vase of red and one of blue- the blue definitely had a more pronounced effect- the red became more of a pink tone.

These pics are from day 1- by day 3 they were really blue and pink!  Very exciting for a little 3-year-old, and me too!  The 1-year-old was oblivious:)

1 comment:

  1. Hannah,

    I did this experiment in Brazil when I was a little girl. We used white roses for the process. It it is pretty cool. Zella looked like she had a blast. Your blog looks beautiful, I love the pictures.

    It was great catching up.