Tuesday, August 23, 2011

OKP Hill and Beach, 2011


Old Kelsey Point beach is heaven on earth.
(and also the place where- 13 years ago D and I went on our first date, and 8 years ago D proposed to me:) so it has a special place in my heart.

Our family friends have a had a cottage here for generations, and we have been visiting them since I was little.  My parents rented the cottage next to theirs for years while we were growing up...we took a hiatus for a while, and started renting a new cottage (big enough to hold the whole fam) a few years back.  Although going overnight with the kids the past couple years was rough, especially at night) this year was wonderful. (I'm attributing it to my children being out of the ever so temperamental infant age range...)


Mornings were spent indulging in the INSANELY delicious donuts from the local Beach Donut shop (my mouth is watering as I type:) on the huge wrap around porch. Shuggie and Mosie had plenty of snuggles.

The kids had so much fun playing- without the assistance of TV- it was a refreshing, much needed unplugged vacation.


O-No a.k.a Owen;)

Dog-lovin' baby


We did a lot of crabbing (one of the classic OKB past times)...

This little guy had this glamorous sea shell ring- I had to document!

and then we had a VERY exciting crab race!!!



The kids rinsed off every night before diner in this fabulous, original claw and ball foot bath tub- such a classic!

This insane drift-tree floated in one day- it was like an underwater sea-saw for the kids to play on:)

The Grannies gabbing on the jetty


It was lovely- really lovely. I can't wait for next year!!!
xoxo M&D, 
thank you for sharing your vacation with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment