Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Covering The Cat Hole and Various Snowy Day Activities

What to do on yet another snowy day? You make the best of it!

Well...we had a productive day for sure today!  strangely, there was a cat theme woven through a couple of today's happenings.




Frida

I had some assistance in creating a kitty curtain to cover the "cat hole" in our basement playroom (it leads into the laundry room- and there is no heat in the basement- so the cat hole was creating quite a draft.


I'd like to thank my little pin sticker for all of her hard work....


and my little mechanical engineer-


cutter-

technical assistant as well!




after this project there was some pony riding


as well as some chimney sweeping/curling?


and while the above activities were happening- I was finishing up my little $2 garage sale find-

Before
After

So much better don't you think?

During nap time Z and I ventured into the tundra for some sliding, shoveling, and snow munching.


(yes- that is all that's left of the kids cozy coupe car peeking out of the insane snow)


our poor gutters!

We ended our day by painting yesterday's cat-project (we used scrunched up newspaper for the base with masking tape, and paper mache over top, with art paste)

This paste is magical- I used to use it when I was an art teacher all the time- you can find it at local art stores and on line!

Then my little artists went to town, Zella did the mommy cat


and Mosie did the baby



Z is bringing her creation to school tomorrow for show-and-tell:)

No comments:

Post a Comment