Thursday, July 15, 2010

Go-to dinner

Em is on her way back from the farm pick-up tonight- which means I seriously need to get Cookin'!  It's tough sometimes keeping up with all of the farm produce! Nights like this- a quick meal is in order- and one that everyone will eat.

Here is one of my go-to favorites-
 Peanut Noodle Stir-fry
the best part is- the kids actually eat it!

First I make the sauce...

I mix together apx.
 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar,
 1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup oil
1/2 cup peanut butter
fresh garlic
fresh ginger (I keep it in the freezer)
a big squirt of honey
S&P
red pepper flakes
blend it all in my blender until its nice and smooth!

Then- I cook the pasta....


While it's cooking I prep and stir-fry the veggies in a little olive oil, soy sauce, fresh garlic, fresh ginger, and S&P... I use this recipe to clean out the fridge of veggies- tonight its green onions, broccoli, beet greens, pak choi, and collorabi.


Here's my little helper-boy on my back...


Then- I toss everything together- and voila!  Delicious!  Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment